The Encore Center for Lifelong Enrichment (referred to as Encore) is a daytime activity program for seniors with developmental disabilities. Encore’s mission is to provide people with daytime activities that address their physical, social, spiritual, psychological, sensory, and natural support needs.
- People of retirement age (50+)
- People who want to remain active in their community
- People who want to participate either part-time or full-time
Participants set their own daily activity schedule for the month. They can choose what they do and when they do it.
Day activities may include:
- Senior Center activities
- Current events
- Morning coffee
- Out for breakfast
- Arts and Crafts
- Baseball games
- Visiting flea markets
- Taking walks
- Visiting museums
- Chair aerobics and exercise
- Tai Chi
- Shopping at the malls
- Watching movies and singing/listening to oldies
- Day trips
- Staff must have a high school diploma, pass background checks, and complete an initial two-week orientation, including classes such as CPR, First Aid, MANDT, and medication training
- Staff receives training on aging related topics.
- Program participants will have opportunities to express the qualities they prefer in the staff who work with them.
- Level of supervision is based on needs.
Health and Safety:
- KETCH staff administers medicines, checks blood pressure and weight, monitors diets.
- The Encore center is an enclosed, private, secure facility.
- Monthly fire drills and seasonal tornado drills.
- Licensed nursing staff are available.
- KETCH maintains a safety program. KETCH believes it is everyone’s responsibility to ensure the safety of others.
For admissions information or to schedule a tour please call 316.383.8700 to speak to our admissions coordinator.