Those participating in group living are provided varying levels of staff support and training to individuals living in homes owned or leased by KETCH. Generally, one to eight individuals can live in a supervised group living setting. The level of staff support is determined by the needs of individuals living in a particular group setting. Support includes overnight staffing and 24 hour support seven days per week.
Areas of support typically include:
- Assistance with daily living skills.
- Medication administration.
- Behavior intervention.
- Access to community activities.
- Individuals will be matched with roommates according to their preferences, abilities, and needs.
- Roommates will share responsibility for household chores.
- Persons will be encouraged to be good neighbors.
- Individuals can choose to participate in social and recreational activities they prefer, such as barbecues, movies, concerts, sporting events, eating out, Special Olympics, YMCA, community events, and other community activities.